US Citizens in the UK

Taxation of US Citizens in the United Kingdom

If you are a US Citizen (or a Green Card Holder) and that you are living in the United Kingdom, you may be required to still prepare a US tax return with the IRS.  This is because America taxes based on citizenship and not residence.  In addition, you will be required to declare worldwide income on Form 1040.

Depending on the level of tax that you may have to pay to the IRS, you could be have to prepare returns for a number of years if you have never prepared a return since leaving the USA.

If you are a US citizen living in the UK and would like to discuss this, please do not hesitate to contact us at We look forward to hearing from you.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s